7/10/12

Smoothies - Part 1

Smoothie Prep
Here is some simple prep ideas for future smoothies.

Buy a bunch of bananas when on sale. You may be thinking -Why did you buy all those bananas? they will go bad before you use them. Just stick with me here.
 Chop each one up.
and put in baggies.
 and put them in the freezer for future use!
You don't want to just eat them after they have been in the freezer they get kind of gross, but they are perfect for smoothies. Just pull out one baggie for each smoothie.

You can do this with any fruit -
Today I bought some peaches. Peaches are my all time favorite fruit!!!!

You do the same thing for the peaches - you peel them and chop them up. You don't HAVE to peel them, but I don't like the peels in my smoothie (the bananas you have to peel, LOL!)
and put them in baggies for future use -
 I always save one for eating - YUM!

Now you have your chopped up fruit in the freezer ready for use. You can do this with fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, just about anything you want to make a smoothie out of.

Stay tuned for Part 2 - the making of a low fat healthy smoothie with no ice cream or yogurt!

3 comments:

  1. Love smoothies!!!!!!!
    Didn't know you could freeze bananas.
    They never last very long here. They are my favorite fruit and can eat 2 a day.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love smoothies. I use 3/4 cup soy milk, a 6 oz container of any low-fat yogurt, and then add a banana, or blueberries or strawberries or all of them together. Blend in blender. Drink and just go over the moon with the taste.

    ReplyDelete