5/20/10

God's Promises for Girls, by Jack Countryman & Amy Parker

Thank you, thank you, thank you "Booksneeze" , Thomas Nelson Book Group, for sending me this delightful book to review! I absolutely loved it! 5 stars!

 

Book Description - An easy way to help young girls see God’s promises and how they can rely on His love in their daily lives. The promise verses in this book are selected from the best-selling International Children’s Bible® to offer comfort and encouragement when a girl is feeling afraid, lonely, worried, angry, dissatisfied, discouraged, sad, rebellious, impatient, or sick . . . and when they need reassurance of God’s protection, love, forgiveness, help . . . and that He listens when they pray. It’s a great way for children to hide God’s Word in their hearts. 

 

My Review -  I could find nothing negative to say about this book! The pictures in this are absolutely adorable.

 On each page there is a subject that a young would go through, like - God's Promises when - you feel lonely, you are afraid, you feel guilty. God promises help when - you are sick, growing up is hard. God's promises about Jesus - He is your Savior, He is your protector... Just to name a few! It says a few sentences to think about then a few bible verses to back it up. It is all in very simple language that a young girl would easily understand.

This is a great tool to use with your child. I wouldn't suggest just giving it to them to read on their own. This would be great for "Mommy-daughter time" or "Grandmother-Granddaughter time"! I used to use books like this when my daughter was young (she is now 21), if this book was around back then, I would certainly have bought this to read with her! It is a nice heavy duty hard cover book with thick shiny pages (127 pages). A beautiful book from beginning to end! I highly recommend this book. There is also A "God's Promises for Boys"

 Sorry, not giving this one away! I am saving it for when I have grandchildren, heeheehee!

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh how cute! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a dolly of a book. I'd keep it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally????? I wish I had STARTED a Christmas gift.

    ReplyDelete