Little blue flowers by our house
Pussy willows starting to bloom
We did some major yard work!
What's happening - This past week without kids was really needed! I got sooooo much work done! As you can see from the picture, Glen and I got a lot of yard work done. I totally scrubbed the bathroom (on my hands and knees!) Totally cleaned the kitchen, and the playroom. Took out all the rugs and shook the heck out of them (there was alot of "heck" in them!) wiped down all the shelves cleaned the floors etc. everything is all clean now! I also did some work on the old "Ashley room" looks much better. All ready for my parents.
Ashley's boyfriend's birthday was this weekend. So he came up for the weekend. I actually baked him cookies! Which I don't do very often. Baking is not my favorite thing in the world to do.
Knitting - I did manage to get some knitting done. I finished the "Chill chaser" but still need to block it a little. And I am now working on a project that I can't tell you about because of certain people reading this blog, hee hee! I will post pictures of both when time is right.
Contests - Toni at A Circle of Books is giving away 5 copies of "Testimony" by Anita Shreve
Dar at Peeking Through the Pages is giving away 2 copies of
Keeper of Light and Dust by Natasha Mostert
Books I have read - "Sweet Baby", by Sharon Sala. Takes place in AR. Pretty good book. Starts out a little slow but 1/2 way through really picks up. It is about a woman who was abandon as a child. Now in her twenty's her nightmares urge her to find out what really happened.
"The Crazy School" by Cornelia Read. Awesome book! Takes place in MA (already read one from there so doesn't count for my reading through the states). Madeline gets a job at the "Crazy School" a school for very troubled teens. Their therapeutic methods are unconventional to say the least. But then people start dieing, and she is the first one blamed!
"North of Beautiful" by Justina Chen Headley. Great book. Takes place in WA and China! This book is a beautiful story of Tera, a teen girl born with a large birthmark on her face. She meets "Goth boy" Jacob who has a scar from a cleft-palette. At the same time Tera and her mother are dealing with a cruel father and husband. They travel through China with Jacob and his mother and both learn how to be brave and beautiful! This is a wonderfully written book that truly shows that beauty is only skin deep and that you should be who you are and not who others want you to be.
Reading through the states -
1. California - Echoes, by Erin Grady
2. Florida - In Her Shoes, by Jennifer Weiner
3. Iowa - The Learning, by Ruthann Weaver
4. Massachusetts (Cape Cod) - A Year by the Sea, by Joan Anderson
5. South Carolina - Bastard out of Carolina, by Dorothy Allison
6. Kentucky - The Believers, by Janice Holt Giles
7. Minnesota - Hit By a Farm, by Catherine Friend
8. North Carolina - Scrambled Eggs at Midnight, by Brad Barkley & Heather Hepler
9. Montana - My Hutterite Life, by Lisa M. Stahl
10. Kansas - Waiting for Summer's Return, by Kim Vogel Sawyer
11. Idaho - Indian Creek Chronicles, by Pete Fromm
12. New York - The Lives they Left Behind: Suitcases from a State Hospital Attic, by Darby Penney and Peter Stastny
13. Arizona - Whispers, by Erin Grady
14. Alabama - The Florabama Ladies' Auxiliary Sewing Circle, by Lois Battle
15. Alaska - Building from Within: Alaskans Who Build Their Own, by Joan Koponen
16. Colorado - Tomboy Bride, by Harriet Fish Backus
17. Wisconsin - Welcome to Tyler: Whirlwind, by Nancy Martin
18. Arkansas - Sweet Baby, Sharon Sala
19. Washington - North of Beautiful, by Justina Chen Headley
Top 5 -
When flipping through magazines top 5 pictures you are attracted to.
1. Good looking men! Duh!
2. Roads (old roads, paths, trails)
3. Houses (interiors and exteriors)
5. Water (lakes, Ocean, Falls, streams)