Birds and flowers and kittys, Oh My!
Top 2 pictures - Male Goldfinches
Birds hanging from upside-down feeder. I am not sure, but I thing these might be Pine Siskins???? Anyone know?
Daffodils by my side porch (Photo credit - Ashley)
My sweetie Martina, like a princess, on top of the pillows.
Ha ha ha ha, sticking her tongue out when she sleeps.
I'm on vacation! No kids for a whole week. Boy, do I have plans. Yesterday I reorganized Ashley's old room. Looks much better. My husband walked in and went "Wow". I still want to move some of my craft stuff (knitting etc.) in there.
Other stuff to do - Clean bathroom, clean kitchen, "spring clean" playroom, change sheets on bed, wash and hang out towels, read, knit.
I met with Ashley today for coffee, then we went to the library. I picked up 4 great books - "Autobiography of a Face", "North of Beautiful", "Truck: A Love Story", and "The Crazy School". I have been wanting all these books for some time now. Lets see how many I get done before they are due.
This weekend Glen and I went to Ithaca for breakfast and shopping. Went to Staples, Petsmart, Barnes and Noble, and ate at Friendly's. My fish tank was down to only three fish and I have been wanting to get some new ones. So I got 12 new fish at Petsmart! All small ones, I have decided I only want small ones from now on.
Ashley spent the night Sat. night. We all watched "The Village" I love this movie! Then on Easter morning Ashley and I made breakfast (waffles, homefries, and bacon) then we went to church. In the evening we went to dinner with Glen's parents. It was a very nice Easter Day.
I am asking for prayers for a special friend of mine. Her name is Pat, and is kind of like a second mother to me. She calls me her daughter! She has been in such pain for a long time now, and just found out that she needs a hip replacement. This will be done in June. I will keep you updated.
Books - Welcome to Tyler: Whirlwind, by Nancy Martin. This was a quick little read. Quite simple and fun. Love story. That's all I have to say about that.
Reading through the States:
1. California - Echoes, by Erin Grady
2. Florida - In Her Shoes, by Jennifer Weiner
3. Iowa - The Learning, by Ruthann Weaver
4. Massachusetts (Cape Cod) - A Year by the Sea, by Joan Anderson
5. South Carolina - Bastard out of Carolina, by Dorothy Allison
6. Kentucky - The Believers, by Janice Holt Giles
7. Minnesota - Hit By a Farm, by Catherine Friend
8. North Carolina - Scrambled Eggs at Midnight, by Brad Barkley & Heather Hepler
9. Montana - My Hutterite Life, by Lisa M. Stahl
10. Kansas - Waiting for Summer's Return, by Kim Vogel Sawyer
11. Idaho - Indian Creek Chronicles, by Pete Fromm
12. New York - The Lives they Left Behind: Suitcases from a State Hospital Attic, by Darby Penney and Peter Stastny
13. Arizona - Whispers, by Erin Grady
14. Alabama - The Florabama Ladies' Auxiliary Sewing Circle, by Lois Battle
15. Alaska - Building from Within: Alaskans Who Build Their Own, by Joan Koponen
16. Colorado - Tomboy Bride, by Harriet Fish Backus
17. Wisconsin - Welcome to Tyler: Whirlwind, by Nancy Martin
Contest- Dar over at "Peaking through the Pages" is having a giveaway for BoneMan's Daughters by Ted Dekker
I am a little late for this one(ends Wed.) sorry Toni "How Not to Look Old" by - Carla Krupp A Circle of Books.
Top 5 - Things you allow yourself to indulge in.
1. Coffee (I buy good coffee, I do not buy coffee from the grocery store, I usually buy from Gevalia or Gimme coffee, or from some other coffee shop)
2. Books (I do usually try to buy on sale, I also get from book swaps and the library)
3. Yarn (Always buying yarn!)
4. Going out for breakfast (My husband and I go out for breakfast every weekend)
5. Pizza (We get pizza every Fri. sometimes we get takeout and sometimes we go to Napoli's)