7/14/08

Summer is half over!!!!!!


I love summer! I want it to be longer. I haven't had enough fun yet. I have been so busy I haven't really had time to think... "oh yeah, it's sumer, enjoy yourself." All I have been thinking is "Get as much done as you can!"

Well I think it is about time I tell you all what I will be doing now that I have quit my job, and what I have been doing all summer, so far. I have decided to start my own "before and after school daycare" I only want to have about 6 children (which I already have!) and I will only be working between 6:30am - 9:00am and 3:15pm - 6:00pm. Which is the same hrs. I had at the school. I am very excited about this. Glen has actually agreed to let me do this and I have been cleaning out "his office" to turn that into a daycare room. We are getting rid of both desks (if anyone wants them let me know) and buying a much smaller desk and a couch (if anyone has a couch let me know!) I am also in the market for a rug in very nice condition. I am hoping the room turns out real cute. I will take pictures.

This Fri. we are going to see "Oklahoma" at the Hanger Theater in Ithaca! I am so excited. We try to go to at least one play each summer. I love Oklahoma, it one of my favorite musicals! I will let you know how it was.

Books I have been reading - I read the most awesome book! It has actually moved into the #1 slot of my all time favorite books! It is called "Bittersweet Country" By Elaine Long (she also wrote Jenny's Mountain, which is my #3 fav. book) It is about a 20 yr. old college student who is totally dominated by her parents, she is not allowed to make any decisions in her life. To escape this she elopes with someone she barely knows and moves from her comfortable city home to Montana to start a sheep farm. They discover when they get there, the "farm" is nothing more than a shack, a falling down barn, and lots of sheep! This story is about surviving in poverty, learning to live with and love a new husband you don't know, and surviving lots and lots of hard work one can not even imagine! I could not put this book down! I can not wait to read it again!
I also read - "Heart Shaped Box" by Joe Hill, scary ghost story, pretty well done. and "Promise Not To Tell" by Jennifer Mcmahon, this was also a ghost story! which I did not know till I started reading it. I like this book alot! It kept you on the edge of your seat, very suspenseful.
I am currently reading "Will of Wisteria" by Denise Hildreth (same author as "Flies on the Butter" and the "Savannah series " that I loved so much.) I am only on the 3rd chapter and I love it already! I will tell you about it in the next blog.

I thought I would start something new in each of my blogs. Isn't a blog suppose to let others know more about you, get to know you a little better. So I decided to start a "weekly top 5 list" This will be my top 5 favorite... whatever. I encourage you to comment back with your top 5 favorite of the same. This will get us to know each other a little better.
Top 5 favorite books (not series, that's next week) -
"Bittersweet Country" - Elaine Long
"Tilting at Windmills" - Joseph Pittman
"Jenny's Mountain" - Elaine Long
"Lost in the Amazon" -Stephen Kirkpatrick
"The Glass Castle" -Jeannette Walls

Last weeks poll - where do you vacation - own a vacation home-3, visit family-3, different places-1, stay home & work-1, What vacation-1 (poor Ashley)
This weeks poll - favorite time of year, I know it is hard to choose, but DO IT!

4 comments:

  1. Hello, I think it is great that you are starting your own daycare biz...but where are we going sleep when we come visit you....that was own bedroom?
    Summer, we have long summers here. Come on down any time you want. Spring, winter, and fall are also not bad here. Don't mind them at all any more.
    Good luck in you biz.
    Love Ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous! I wish I could start my own daycare. Anyway, I have many books that are ok, but only two so far that i really liked. Stephen King's Duma Key, and Danielle Steel's Message from Nam. They were both excellent. Talk to you later. OH>>> Hows it going on the earings? did you start them? I'm really excited about them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your daycare business - it sounds like it'll be fun & rewarding! Can't wait to see how your daycare room turns out.

    My top five fave books:

    1. One Mans Wilderness - Sam Keith
    2. To Kill A Mockingbird - H. Lee
    3. The Stand - Stephen King
    4. Toujours Provence - Peter Mayle
    5. Looking for Alaska - Peter Jenkins

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to give my favorite books:
    1) any thing by Belva Plain
    2) The Poisonwood Bible - Barbara Kingsolver
    3) Gap Creek - Robert Morgan
    4) Icy Sparks - Gwyn Hyman Rubio
    5) any thing by LaVyrle Spencer
    I have so many and they keep changing but I really enjoyed these.
    William Sarabande in another of my favorite authors, he writes about prehistoric times, the first people on earth.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete