Salmon River Reservoir
Me, rescuing a turtle that was in the middle of the road.
Martina in a bag! she just loves getting into things!
What's happening - Saturday was spent getting stuff done around the house. My hubby worked up at the barn property burning stuff and mowing.
On Sunday we took a drive up to "Tug Hill" For those of you who are not from around here The Tug Hill Plateau is west of the Adirondacks. What makes it special is all the rivers, creeks and lakes. You go from small town to small town. In the winter, what makes is special is the snow!!! It is the snowmobiling capital of NY! They get feet and feet of snow. Like it is not unheard of for them to get 12 feet of snow! The snowmobile trails up there are like three lane highways. So we had fun just driving around. We stopped at the Salmon River Reservoir. Which is a very big lake in Redfield. We ate our lunch at a little park there. Does anyone know the difference between a lake and a reservoir?
I just found out that my husband has to go to West Virginia on Tues.! They have to haul equip. back and forth between WV and PA. So he will be gone for a good many days. He thinks about 6 days. I am making him a good dinner tonight then I will help him pack. I know some of you would hate this life style. but I really don't mind it! I encouraged him to take the job and told him I would be supportive and not complain. I cherish the time we spend together (like this weekend) but I also am very independent and I do like being alone! So for me this is the best of both worlds.
Knitting - I am knitting myself a summer tank! I love the colors,it is a cotton year and is really soft. It is a real simple 4 row repeat. So far, I like it!
Books I have read - The Ballad of Frankie Silver" by Sharyn McCrumb. I liked this book (but didn't love it). It was two mysteries in one. One took place in 1831. An 18 yr. old girl was hung for killing her husband. This part was suppose to be true, I haven't looked it up yet. I really liked this part of the book mostly because I love historical books and I also fell in love the Frankie (Francis). The other part was present time double murder on the Appalachian Trail. This part was OK but I didn't think it was as interesting as the historical part. This took place in TN.
Contests - Dar at Peeking through the pages, is having a few giveaways! Scroll down on her site to find them!
My mom won two books this week! So congrats. to her! go mom, go mom!
Reading through the states -
1. California - Echoes, by Erin Grady
2. Florida - In Her Shoes, by Jennifer Weiner
3. Iowa - The Learning, by Ruthann Weaver
4. Massachusetts (Cape Cod) - A Year by the Sea, by Joan Anderson
5. South Carolina - Bastard out of Carolina, by Dorothy Allison
6. Kentucky - The Believers, by Janice Holt Giles
7. Minnesota - Hit By a Farm, by Catherine Friend
8. North Carolina - Scrambled Eggs at Midnight, by Brad Barkley & Heather Hepler
9. Montana - My Hutterite Life, by Lisa M. Stahl
10. Kansas - Waiting for Summer's Return, by Kim Vogel Sawyer
11. Idaho - Indian Creek Chronicles, by Pete Fromm
12. New York - The Lives they Left Behind: Suitcases from a State Hospital Attic, by Darby Penney and Peter Stastny
13. Arizona - Whispers, by Erin Grady
14. Alabama - The Florabama Ladies' Auxiliary Sewing Circle, by Lois Battle
15. Alaska - Building from Within: Alaskans Who Build Their Own, by Joan Koponen
16. Colorado - Tomboy Bride, by Harriet Fish Backus
17. Wisconsin - Welcome to Tyler: Whirlwind, by Nancy Martin
18. Arkansas - Sweet Baby, Sharon Sala
19. Washington - North of Beautiful, by Justina Chen Headley
20. Illinois - The Perfect Match, by Kimberly Cates
21. Wyoming - Letters of a Woman Homesteader, by Elinore Pruitt Stewart
22. Hawaii - Flip Flopped, by Jill Smolinski
23. New Hampshire – Handle With Care, by Jodi Picoult
24. Tennessee - The Ballad of Frankie Silver, by Sharyn McCrumb
Top 5 - Favorite movies (PLEASE keep the categories, just type in your answers)
1. Chick Flick - "Sleepless in Seattle"
2. Classic - "Gone with the Wind"
3. Book turned into movie - "Message in a Bottle"
4. Action Movie - "Die Hard"
5. Favorite all time Movie - "Dances with Wolves"