Spring?? Could it really be you?
Pictures: The first two are Daffodils that are starting to come up.
That last picture is to show how my sweet kitty, Martina just loves to chew! I think she was a puppy in a previous life.
Well, we have had one nice week. It has been in the high 50's and low 60's for about a week now. It still gets real cold over night. We wake up to temps in the 20's, but it warms up pretty quick. I looked at the weather for the next 10 days and we are suppose go down to the mid 30's on Fri. Lord, you just have to throw that one in there to remind us that you are still in control, don't ya? I do see temps in the 50's and 60's though so I am happy!
The children: I was so proud of myself. I managed to find snack for the children that was all green! Green grapes, green frosted cookies, and green fruit punch. They will love it! All of my children were dressed in green this morning. Even green ribbons in the girl's hair!
During reading time, we also study spelling words. Surprisingly, the kids all love this! They each want a turn. I am not sure if they really care about the spelling or just each want my attention, but either way they are all getting 100's on their tests! It makes me so proud when they come on Fri. and tell me they got 100. I always say "See, good thing we study."
Music: This week I picked Alan Jackson's new song "Sissy's Song". I have always loved Alan but this time I think he outdid himself! I absolutely love this song! It is beautiful! Let me know what you think.
Knitting: Remember that bright shawl/blanket I started last summer? Well I had put it aside to work on Christmas stuff. I am finally getting around to finishing it! I have also been working on the "Chill chaser". Both are coming along great. I have to someday go through all my knitting and look through all my "unfinished projects" and decide if I want to finish them or not. I have quite a few bags of things I started, I just love to start things! It is exciting, I just wish I was as good about finishing them.
Books: Well Erin, you did it again! I just finished "Whispers" by my friend Erin Grady. It was Great! I give it 5 stars. I liked it even better that "Echoes". Again she mixed scenes from the 1800's with scenes from today, and did it expertly. When we went back in time we met a girl named Ella who had just lost her family and joined a band of women ("Saloon Girls") it was very sad at times and I did cry. Then in the present I was on the edge of my seat with a wonderful ghost story! During the book you started to figure out what the past had to do with the present, and who the ghost really was. There were some surprises that I hadn't figured out. Good job, Erin!
Reading through the States:
1. California - Echoes, by Erin Grady
2. Florida - In Her Shoes, by Jennifer Weiner
3. Iowa - The Learning, by Ruthann Weaver
4. Massachusetts (Cape Cod) - A Year by the Sea, by Joan Anderson
5. South Carolina - Bastard out of Carolina, by Dorothy Allison
6. Kentucky - The Believers, by Janice Holt Giles
7. Minnesota - Hit By a Farm, by Catherine Friend
8. North Carolina - Scrambled Eggs at Midnight, by Brad Barkley & Heather Hepler
9. Montana - My Hutterite Life, by Lisa M. Stahl
10. Kansas - Waiting for Summer's Return, by Kim Vogel Sawyer
11. Idaho - Indian Creek Chronicles, by Pete Fromm
12. New York - The Lives they Left Behind: Suitcases from a State Hospital Attic, by Darby Penney and Peter Stastny
13. Arizona - Whispers, by Erin Grady
Top 5: Unfinished projects. What are yours?
1. knitting! So much knitting so little time.
2. Cleaning out my pantry, I have been wanting to do this for so long! Maybe Easter vacation.
3. Redoing Ashley's old room now that she has moved out. I do not want it to turn into a junk room. I have been doing little things with it now and then but I just need to spend some real time and just finish it. Maybe Easter vacation.
4. Sorting through all my craft stuff, I have started this so many times. Maybe Easter vacation.
5. Finish painting the front porch. We started this two (maybe three) years ago and it is still not finished. Maybe Easter... No, summer vacation!