On the mend
Pictures: 1. -A sweet Morning Dove trying to stay warm.
2 & 3 - A Red-Bellied Woodpecker, frequent visitor to our feeder.
4. - Squirrel where he shouldn't be!
My arm feels a little better each day. I ventured out the other day. Just drove uptown to the Post Office and Bank. My arm was achy for the rest of the day. My Mom-in-Law is taking me grocery shopping. That will be a huge help. I get so tired doing anything!
My Steelers have made it into the Playoffs! For those of you who don't know, I am a huge Steeler fan, have been for most of my life. We play the Raven's this week then if (or when) we win it is off to the superbowl!
American Idol has started for another season. Are there any watchers out there? After just one night, there are a few "OK" singers, but no real winners in my opinion.
I read a very good book - "In Her Shoes" by Jennifer Weiner I thought this book was excellent, I loved it and can't wait to read another of hers. It is about two sisters. One a very successful lawyer, good money, nice Apt. but she is overweight and has no love life to speak of. The other sister is beautiful with a body to die for, but... she is a wild one! Drinks too much, can't hold a job, looses her Apt. and comes to live with her sister, a deadly combination! This book is funny then sad, and makes you so angry at times! It also has a very good ending. I love books that put so much emotion out there.
Top 5 things I can not do with one hand!
1. Knit! I am really broken up about this! I had to set my needles aside for the month. The only good thing is - I can still read!
2. Put my hair in a pony tail, this is impossible, I have tried.
3. Hook a bra. You can un-hook one on yourself, but you can not hook one up while it is on you.
4. Zip my coat. Such simple things are impossible. The kids zip my coat before we walk to school.
5. Opening a child proof bottle or almost any container for that matter is next to impossible.