It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
1. We had a flock of Blue Jays come to the feeder this morning.
2. We also had a whole flock of Juncos come!!! I have never seen so may at one time.
3. The daycare Christmas tree.
4. Lights around the daycare room.
5. Christmas tree all lit up.
Glen and I got all the Christmas stuff down from the attic. I sorted through everything to see what I wanted to use for the daycare and to see what I wanted to use for us. The Children and I decorated our tree yesterday. This was fun, they all took turns hanging the decorations. I hung little stockings under the tree with their names on them. They each got to pick their own. They love the room being all Christmassy.
This weekend Ashley comes home. Our family tree and decorations are waiting for her! When she gets home we will do it together. Her move in date to move into her new Apt. has been moved up to Jan. 1st! So she has a lot of work to do when she gets home. I told her she doesn't have to move everything in at once. she can move in slowly, take her time. It is very exciting, your only child moving into their first place after college!
The children have really gotten into this birdwatching! They can't wait to see what birds we will see everyday. Yesterday we saw a Red Bellied Woodpecker! Of course he took off before I could snap his picture. Today we had a flock of 8 Blue Jays and 9 Juncos! The kids want me to put up a feeder on the other side of the house so they can see it out the daycare room. I had wanted to put a feeder on the window but I forgot there was a screen there, silly me!
Here's some big news! - My oldest niece (my sister's daughter, Paula) and her husband had their first baby! She was born on Friday the 5th at 3:14 in the afternoon and weighed 8lbs. 13oz.
Welcome baby Emmah!
My new music this time is "O Holy Night" by Martina McBride, only this is actually a different version than I have on my CD! It is like an extended version! It is so beautiful! Please stay and listen to the whole thing if you can. She has a voice that just carries and will almost bring tears to your eyes! Let me know what you think.
Top 5 things you look forward to at Christmas time.
1. Christmas Music! I love Christmas music, I could listen to it all year long if it wasn't illegal (it is illegal isn't is? My husband said so!)
2. Driving around and looking at lights. We do this every year.
3. Shopping! I love, love, love shopping! I think it is my favorite sport! My mom always asks "What do you want to do when you come down to TN? and What do I always say, mom? "Shopping!" right?
4. Opening and watching others open gifts. Who doesn't like this?
5. And last but certainly not least - Having all my family (except my mom and dad) here for christmas.