10/29/08

Technical difficulties

The power cord on my laptop seems to be going. When booting up, the picture does not show up unless you wiggle the cord, you can hear it starting, just no picture. I ordered a new cord from that wonderful place that has everything, Amazon. I do hope that is the problem and that all will be solved and happy again as soon as the new cord shows up on my doorstep. I bought this little laptop off of eBay about three years ago. It is an older one that had been refurbished. It has been a great computer, till now. I guess I can't complain for about $350.00.

Have any of you ever gotten those emails that start - You know you live in the north when... or - You know you are a southerner when...
Well this is not from an email I have gotten, these are real actual truths about my town.

You know you live in a small town when...
Your mailman is also the mayor,
and the substitute mailman is the chief of police!

Someone walks down the street and you say - "Who is that?"
"Seriously, Who is that? Must be a visitor!"

You go into the Post office to mail a package and you end up standing there talking to the postal lady about the latest episode of "Survivor" for 10 min!

The owner of the local gas station actually tells you not to buy gas today because she is lowering the price tomorrow!

We had our first snow of the season! Just a dusting but snow! North east of us got about 15".
When I changed the sheets on the bed I put on the flannel ones and an extra blanket.
It was really nasty out yesterday (Tues.) 27 mph. winds rain, and snow. I am sooo not ready for this!

I have been real slow with my reading this week but I am reading a great book! "Confessions of a Contractor" by Richard Murphy. It is very funny! It is about a building contractor in L.A. and the relationships he has with his clients and the different jobs he has. This is not a true story, just a novel, but the Author was (or is) a contractor so makes you wonder...

Laundry is definitely the chore you get behind in the most. On the bright side, I am not the only one! On the down side - there are an awful lot of piles of laundry waiting to be done out there! Get to work!

The music site that I download from is also having Tech. difficulties!!!! So no new song this week.

What are the top 5 foods you hate the most!

1. Mushrooms!
2. Meat - thats why I don't eat it - LOL
3. Blue cheese
4. Artichokes
5. Snails
If there were a #6 it would be black olives.

5 comments:

  1. Hi wendy - I think it would be nice to live in a small town with those nice values! Love flannel sheets - I'm going to have to purchase some!! Wondering if we are going to get some of your snow....I'm sure it's coming!!

    5 Foods I hate the most:
    1. Any kind of olives
    2. Beets
    3. Any beans that are brown
    4. Snails (just like you!)
    5. Brussel Sprouts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I used to live like that!!! I have truly turned in to a "city" girl. Sad, but true.

    What are the top 5 foods you hate the most!

    1. Lima Beans

    That's it. I can't help it, I love food.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like small towns but also like the convenience of the city.

    I always have laundry to do it seems...we are really dirty or really clean. I t is a never ending battle.

    Snow...is that that white cold messy wet stuff that falls from the sky? It was cold here this mornimng. we had our 1st frost (this is early for that) but warms up nicely in the afternoon, its
    55* now and by the weekend low 70*

    5 food I don't like:
    Unfortunately I like all foods. I can't think of any food that I really don't like.
    I like all the food that you don't.
    Are we related?
    Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for the snow to come!! I want it really bad, and i checked the weather this morning and it said that we were supposed to get some around five today! yay! So guess what? i had my wisdom teeth pulled yesterday (2 of them) and it hurt pretty bad! Do you still have yours?

    5 foods that i hate:
    1. spinach (YUCK)
    2. Grapefruit (YUCKIER)
    3. anything curry
    4. that's it. i like food!

    I tried to vote on your pole but it wouldn't let me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. Anchovies
    2. Green Bell Peppers
    3. Oysters
    4. Chicken Feet, yes I tried it. I can honestly say I do not like them.
    I am not that picky of an eater. So, there is only 4 on my list.

    ReplyDelete