10/10/10

READ-A-THON

 So far - 
Time right now 4:15
Pages read - 882


Starting to slow down. Did more head bobbing that actual reading!

MINI challenge

Questionnaire:
1. Have you ever read a memoir/true story (Or book 'based on true events'?)
I have read several Memoirs, one of my favorite genres!

2. If so, what was the title/author?
"First They Killed My Father, A Child of Cambodia Remembers" by Loung Ung
This my one of my most recent memoirs.

3. What what it about?
A young girl during the civil war in Cambodia, it was one of the saddest memoirs I have EVER read.

4. Did you like it? Would you recommend it?
I loved it so much I now have the second book (about her life after she came to America then goies back to Cambodia to search for her sister.) I very highly recommend it!

5. How many have you read?
I have read way too many memoirs to count!

6. Why or what made you want to read it?

Someone recommended it to me.

7. What was the saddest/scariest one you read? 
The one I mentioned above

8. Did it have a 'happy ending'?
no not really, it was only happy in that the war finally ended, but only after so much pain and suffering mostly by children and especially young girls!

9. When choosing a memoir/true story, do you look for a certain kind? ( i.e. historical diary, inspirational like The Freedom Writer's Diary, Christian, non Christian)
Hmmm, I like reading about other places, I guess that would be my favorite.
But I don't really look for that. I just like true stories about everyday  people.

10. Bonus question for my giveaway: Have you read 3 or more memoirs/true stories? Title/Author, 
"You'll Never Nanny in this Town again" by Suzanna Hansen (would recommend because it is sooo funny!)
"Orange is the New Black" by Piper Kerman (about inside a womans prison! Great book!)
"In the Land of Cotton" by Martha A Taylor (A white girl falls in love with a black boy - forbidden because it is 1956) Great book!




No comments:

Post a Comment