After a wonderful breakfast out with my hubby and a long much needed nap with my kitty.....
Drum Roll Please!!!
Total time spent reading- 19.5 hrs
Total time spent reading Blogs and posting - 3 hrs. 10 min.
Total Break time (I prob. over estimated but wanted to be fair) - 1 hr. 20 min.
Total number of pages - 1,124 (UGH! Less than last time!)
Books read -
"An Amish Christmas" by Cynthia Keller - Great book - 4 1/2 stars - I'll be writing a review and doing a giveaway for this next week! - 129 pages
"Hex Hall" by Rachel Hawkins - GREAT book!!! 5 stars! Loved it! Every bit comparable to "Casting Spells" and "Laced with Magic" only with teens! Can't wait to read the 2nd one! - 323 pages
"For Keeps" by Natasha Friend Good book only a little slow in spots - 4 stars - 267 pages
"The Heart is not a Size" by Beth Kephart, only read 2 pages, it seemed like it would take more concentration than I could handle at that time in the R-A-T!!! So I will go back and read it sometime when my "heart" is more in it!
"Freak Magnet" by Andrew Auseon, hmmm liked parts didn't like parts BUT not sure if it is a fair evaluation being soooo tired, only give it 3 stars, but admitting that I don't really remember 1/2 of it! - 293 pages
The "End of Event Survey"
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
between 3 - 5am, had a real hard time keeping my eyes open! walked around alot, washed my face, brushed my teeth, any trick!
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
"Hex Hall" definitely!!!Fast paced, fun, exciting, easy reading, GREAT book!
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
No, loved it, loved, it, loved it! Well yeah actually, there could be someone right by my side at all times keeping me awake!
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
Having my daughter here for 1/2 the time! It so helps to do it in pairs or a group. Only wish she could be here for the whole thing.
5. How many books did you read? 4
6. What were the names of the books you read?
An Amish Christmas, Hex Hall, For Keeps, Freak Magnet
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
Tie between - An Amish Christmas and Hex Hall (2 totally different books! LOL)
8. Which did you enjoy least?
Freak Magnet, but in all honesty it was the last one I read and therefore was the most tired.
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? NA
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? Yeah BABY!!!! What role would you be likely to take next time? Reader
Oh!!!! Also... I want to give a HUGE "High Five" to my new Bloggy friend - Sherry Ann,
This was her first time and she did great! And she was right there by my side all the way! She commented on my posts more than anyone! So this is a personal Thanks to Sherry Ann for being there and keeping me awake! Hope we can stay friends!