Reality Show Heaven
1. After spending weeks sleeping in the box, Martina finally realizes she really does like her bed we bought her a year and a half ago!
2. She will crawl into any empty space available.
Contest! This is a great one!
http://darcyknottyknitter.blogspot.com/2009/01/zuma-giveaway.html is giving away a beautiful handbag!!!! Check out the site and enter.
For Valentines Day my husband and I were suppose to go to "Beaver Mt. Log Homes" open house, which I was very excited about. BUT... he got called in to work :-(
We did go out to dinner that night when he got home. Then to top it all off he then also had to work on Sun! That night he brought me flowers! He said he felt bad about not being around all weekend. My husband does have a heart!
The school has vacation this week (Presidents week) so I have kids all day everyday except for Fri. I will have no kids on Fri. and Glen is taking the day off (Yes, you read right! Glen is taking the day off!) and we are going up to the cabin! Yea! So next time I post I will have new cabin pictures and stories!
I am going to try knitting again. I have to finish the scarf with the little cables I started. I have also picked out a few patterns to use my new yarn with. I will keep you updated.
It is "Reality Show" heaven right now!!!! American Idol is on Tues. and Wed. they have chosen the top 36. There are some very good singers this year!
Survivor just started on Thur. nights. You can already tell who is going to be a jerk.
And Amazing Race also just started Sunday night - this is my favorite! This year it is interesting because there is a mother and son combo and the son is deaf. Well surprise, surprise! They came in first this week! and they seem like nice people.
I think Dancing with the Stars should be starting sometime soon, someone let me know!
Books - I read "Scrambled Eggs at Midnight" by Brad Barkley & Heather Hepler. Unfortunately I give it only 3 out of 5 stars. It was OK but not great. It was your typical teen girl unhappy with her life meet teen boy unhappy with his life and they make each other happy. It did have a good ending though! I think it would be a good book for teens (no sex) but it isn't labeled YA, it is Adult. I think a young adult would love it.
Reading through the states -
1. California - Echoes, by Erin Grady
2. Florida - In Her Shoes, by Jennifer Weiner
3. Iowa - The Learning, by Ruthann Weaver
4. Massachusetts (Cape Cod) - A Year by the Sea, by Joan Anderson
5. South Carolina - Bastard out of Carolina, by Dorothy Allison
6. Kentucky - The Believers, by Janice Holt Giles
7. Minnesota - Hit By a Farm, by Catherine Friend
8. North Carolina - Scrambled Eggs at Midnight, by Brad Barkley & Heather Hepler
Top 5 TV shows you remember from when you were a kid.
1. Welcome Back Kotter - LOVED that show!
2. The Partridge Family
3. The Brady Bunch - eeww
4. I Dream of Genie
5. Happy Days
Can you tell I was a kid in the 70's? What are your favorites?